This year, I have:
...run 615 miles.
...put in 38 weeks of training.
...completed 2 half marathons.
...finished a 5k, 8k, and 10k.
...raced myself, and won.
...learned the meaning of negative splits.
...swam & biked more miles in x-training than most do in their workout.
...taken 35 ice baths and used close to 250 pounds of ice in the process.
...bought and worn out three pairs of running shoes.
...seen countless sunrises.
...called ten miles an easy workout.
...fought through 90˚ and 90% humidity.
...run through torrential downpours and gale force winds.
...been on the road and done with 5 miles before most roll out of bed.
...given up sleeping in on the weekends.
...eaten pasta every Friday night.
...gotten used to taking gels on the run.
...drank a chocolate milk almost every Saturday.
...gritted my teeth through the pain.
...wiped away the tears.
...kept going.
...faced my weaknesses.
...found some strengths.
...become an athlete.
...never quit.
I am ready.
Now let's rock.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You truly inspire me! I LONG for the feeling of being able to wake up and work out, and not be able to sit down until my work is done, and push myself until I'm in tears, etc etc... You go girl, I am so proud!!
Can I ask.. How has your body changed?! I know that you look absolutely amazing -- the best shape I've ever seen you in! :)
Post a Comment