Friday, September 14, 2007

A new blog... for you.

I am starting this blog... for you. I have a blog already, which is shared exclusively with my running buddies. In it, I detail my victories and defeats, vent about being sore, tired, and stiff, and celebrate the fantastic feeling of completing a solid run while the sun is rising and most of my friends are still sleeping. I talk about life. And running...

Running is a part of who I am. I run because it makes me feel more alive than anything else. It forces me to face my weaknesses and dig deeper, get stronger, go farther...

I have learned allot about life from running, and most of the insights and experiences have been tucked away in blog entries. So, back to why I am starting this blog. I am doing it because I want to share this part of my life with you... it's the raw, uncut "me". I can't get any more real than when I run. There is nothing to hide behind.

So welcome... what you'll find here might bore you. Or it might inspire you. It might by mildly amusing or wildly funny. You might laugh at me, or you might cry with me. Either way, you'll be in for an adventure.

oh, and about the title. Here's the short story. Years ago, when my dad raced sleddogs, he was running a particularly tough race, and was down to only a handful of sore, tired dogs. He still had sixty miles to go, and his team was in rough shape. I asked him, "What are you going to do?" And he said, "I don't know." My response was, "Well, quitting is not an option." He finished that race... and many more. And taught me over and over again that perseverance wins.

One more thing... I will probably be re-posting blog entries from my official running blog, because I don't really have the time or patience to keep up with both. Sooooo. yup. Hope that's okay with you. :)

No comments: