Not too much time to report today, so workout updates will have to be tomorrow. For now, I have to tell you guys that I just found out that a coworker of mine is running the Twin Cities 10 miler the same day that I am running the marathon. Okay this is exciting stuff here people!!!! I didn't even know that there were any other runners in my office. But the best part? I ask him what training program he's using and he says, "HAL HIGDON'S" So, basically I have a co-worker who is a V-Teamer. Yup. Cool. And a coworker who will actually appreciate a conversation about running! Life is good again.
On a different note, running this week has been... well so-so at best. On Tuesday, we had some pretty big storms, which kept me from running in the morning. I figured, no biggie, I'll run at night. Still pouring down buckets and thundering to beat the band. I did 55 minutes on our landlord's treadmill down in the dungeon... I mean basement. Yesterday was supposed to be an eight miler, but for many reasons... it didn't happen. Instead, I went out the door without my watch and took off running until the sun set. I don't know how far I went, but I know it wasn't 8 miles. Maybe 4. At any rate, it was just what I needed after a really stressful and aweful day. Tonight, I have 4 miles to do. I am trying to be excited about the fact that it's only 4. But, once again, the skies are threatening to open up and pour down torrential rains... our county is actually under a flash flood warning. How nice. I am pushing my luck with the landlord's 'mill and don't think that they are exactly pleased that I am using it at random (I asked the first time). Soooo.. Oh boy. Just hoping that the skies won't open up. I want to run tonight.
This has been a sluggish week... Is this what taper is supposed to feel like? My motivation to run these shorties has flown out the window, and all I can think of is getting to that marathon. My Tuesday run wasn't bad, but last night I felt like I was running with someone else's legs attached at the hips. It was awkward and weird. Also, my motivation to run in the mornings has disappeared... I have just been tired and dragged out this week. Feeling stressed at work too. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe not... who knows. Okay. I have seriously rambled on enough here. Half hour left of work. Then home and hopefully a run before the rain comes. Oh shoot. I just heard thunder.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment