Monday, October 22, 2007

Run/Swim

WORK-outs | -------------------------------------------------------------------

Tri-Training - Day 2: Run 20 min / Core / Swim 600 yd.

—Run. I entertained thoughts of running outside this morning, but it was 1) pitch black out, and 2) too cold. I haven't built up my thick skin for the winter yet. Ha. So, first morning at the new gym. I headed over the treadmills and found only one of the five were being used. Nice. Anyways, "the plan" called for 15 minutes of running. Cough, cough. 15 minutes? You've got to be kidding me. I did 20.

—Core. I did Core #1 from BT again. My abs were a little sore from yesterday, but overall I felt stronger and powered through the routine.

Crunches (Fit Ball = FB) - 2 x 12
Back Extensions (FB) - 2 x 12
Superman on Elbows - 2 x 45 seconds
V-Ups (FB) - 2 x 10
Pushups (FB) - 2 x 10
Supine Hip Extension (FB) - 2 x 12
Crunches (FB) 2 x 10

—Swim. First time in the pool since August. Umm, wow. Has it really been that long? I was pleased at how my form returned... smooth and strong. But I have definitely lost fitness in the pool. 600 yards easy... I took breaks every hundred yards for a few seconds. I am looking forward to regaining my swim strength... I remember being able to do 1700 yards without stopping and calling that an easy workout. I'll get there again.


Overall, I love this training program. It's a great step-back, recovery, winter-maintenance, tri-foundation schedule for me. I will definitely be "upping" the running volume though. I almost feel sheepish being on the forums when I'm doing so little running these days. :)

No comments: