WORK-outs | ---------------------------------------------------------------
Tri-Training - Day 1: Bike 30 min / Strength / Core.
—Bike. Okay, it felt really weird not to be heading out for a run, but instead taking off on my bike. And yet, once I got out there, I could begin to feel myself getting used to the fact that a bike ride isn't cross-training anymore. It is what it is... the main event. Or rather, one of the main events. Anyways, it was a really chilly day, and windy as heck, but the ride was great. Short, granted, but good. The plan only called for 30 minutes, which is exactly what I did. I worked my butt off on a few decent hills and kept my RPE (Rate of Perceived Exhaustion for those on my blog who are wondering) near the recommended 5-6, but at times I was probably closer to 7-8. Good, quick ride.
—Strength. Wow... first time in a weight room in a long time. Zack came with me so I didn't look like a moron wandering around trying to figure things out on my own. I followed the plan that was posted with my training program, and frankly found it really easy. But I enjoyed it and am looking forward to adding more weight and more reps and other exercises as I go.
Bent Arm Lat Pulldowns - 2 sets/12 reps - 12lb
2 Leg Squats - 2 sets/15 reps - 45lb
Seated Row - 2 sets/12 reps - 24lb
Leg Press - 2 sets/12 reps - 50lb
Leg Extensions - 2 sets/12 reps - 15lb
—Core. I did Core #1 from BegginerTriathlete. Again, it wasn't overly challenging. But I did work hard and I definitely felt it. This was a great quick routine that I will throw in several times a week.
Crunches (Fit Ball = FB) - 2 x 12
Back Extensions (FB) - 2 x 12
Superman on Elbows - 2 x 45 seconds
V-Ups (FB) - 1 x 10, 1 x 12
Pushups (FB) - 2 x 10
Crunches (FB) 2 x 15
Supine Hip Extension (FB) - 2 x 12
More to come! Tomorrow... running and a swim. :)
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment